Monday, December 31, 2007

Five months old today!

Well, it might be the last day of 2007, but today is also my five month birthday, so as a special treat mum and dad and my kids took me to a new park to play.

There is a small river that runs through it and mum said I would be able to swim in it, but when we got there mum was a spoil-sport and said definitely no swimming as the water was too dirty (probably because it is summer and has been very hot).

I was not impressed, it was a hot day and I really wanted to go for a swim, I don't care if the water was dirty! But at least Mum bought the chucka and I got to chase my tennis ball.





Then dad threw the ball with the chucka and the ball bounced off a tree and into the river. But my dad's a good dad, he got the ball out for me (of course, I could have got it myself, but they wouldn't let me go in the water!)



So I got to chase my ball again for a while, but then...




Somehow my ball rolled over the edge of the steep part of the river bank and ended up back in the water.


I knew that I could get it if they just let me!



Dad said that it was too far down and that we had to say goodbye to that ball.



Mum said nevermind, that was why she bought extra tennis balls with us, but I really, really, really wanted the purple and green one that was in the water, not a poor substitute red and green one!


My dad knew how much I wanted that ball so he tried to get it out for me. He tried lots of different things to catch that ball.




You can see the big branch that he tried to fish the ball out with.


It took a long time, so mum took me for a walk up the river. I still really wanted that ball. Us Border Collies don't forget things or give up easy you know.




Then Dad called us back because, after about 20 minutes of trying, he had finally caught the ball!


But the thing is, I didn't actually *want* the ball, what I really wanted was to go into the river myself to fetch it!



So I carried it back to the river bank...


And rolled it over the edge, just like I do in the pool when I want to go for a swim...


Mum and dad said I was a little monster and that it could stay there now.


Bye bye ball, it was fun while it lasted, I'll miss you!

Woofs

Taj.

9 comments:

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hey Buddy,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Luv C$

The Army of Four said...

Wow, your dad's a really good Retriever! Ha roo roo roo!
Thanks for visiting our blog - great to meet you!
Happy New Year!
Play bows,
Zim

Mack said...

Hey Taj!
Glad to meet you! Me & my mom love Border Collies. You guys are just so doggone smart!
Happy 5th month!!
Looks like you have such a nice park where you live. Wish I could go visit you and see it!
Happy New Years!
Mack

Izzie said...

LOLOL. I so enjoyed your story about the ball and the river! Mama rolled her eyes, but I rolled on the floor laughing!

Welcome to DWB!

Lady Kaos said...

That is a hilarious story!! I'll have to remember that the next time they won't let me go swimming. Right now our rivers and loakes are way too cold for swimming though. That's okay because I like playing in snow, too - for a few minutes.
Kaos

Lance & Mick said...

Happy 5 month birthday Taj! And Happy New Years! It looks like you all had a lot of fun :)

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Woo Turbo Taj

from Turbo the Sibe!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Wow, Taj! You really know how to pull a trick on your humans! Too bad they wouldn't let you go get the ball for yourself. Maybe next time it won't be so muddy.

Welcome to DWB! We hope we get to read more about you!

Happy 2008!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Anonymous said...

Welcome to DWB from a fellow Aussie dog Taj!! You are one cute little fella - and that park looks really beautiful - and green - we don't have many green parks left here in Adelaide anymore :(

River